Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Spiritual searching

I heard someone say that most of us are spiritual hypochondriacs, always afraid that something is wrong with our spiritual experience or interpretation or belief. This rings true to me. So many people seem to search for validation that "my" way is "the" way. If you join me, then my way must work and be right. How different the world would look if we could trust that journeys take us in different directions that personal and unique. My way does not have to be your way, in fact, it should never be exactly your way. My experience can never be exactly your experience.

We can however walk together through the desert towards the water. We can share our stories and lessons, knowing that the interpretation will vary. We can honor our own way and at the same time the other person's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment